Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year

A time for us chinese to celebrate the new year according to our own calender.

A time for family and friends to get together, catch up with one another and wish each other well.

Yea right.

Somehow, the older I grow, it seems like there is less and less to hold both family and friends together. I find that we've become strangers, unable to hold a decent conversation beyond the normal (and almost obligatory) niceties. Everyone still gathers automatically into their own little cliques, and even then conversation dries up faster than water in a desert. Sometimes, being nice and making an effort just results in being snubbed at and insulted.

Makes me wonder why I bother to swallow my retorts. Makes me wonder what ever possesed me to even think this year might have been different.

At least I can still look forward to ang pows. Heh. Happy Chinese New Year.

Thought for the day: Hope is the first step unto the road of disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home