Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reflections, Contemplation

The light was leaving in the west it was blue
The children's laughter sang
Skipping just like the stones they threw
Their voices echoed across the waves
It's getting late

It was just another nightWith a sunset and a moonrise
Not so far behind
To give us just enough light
To lay down underneath the stars
We listened to Papa's translations
Of the stories across the sky
We drew our own constellations

The west winds often last too long
And when they calm down
Nothing ever feels the same
Sheltered under the Kamani tree
Waiting for the passing rain
Clouds keep moving to uncover the sea
Of stars up above us chasing the day away
A way to find the stories the we sometimes need
Listen close enough and all else fades away
Fades away

It was just another night
With a sunset and a moonrise
Not so far behind
To give us just enough light
To lay down underneath the stars
Listen to all translations
Of the stories across the sky
We drew our own constellations

- "Constellations", Jack Johnson

I left for Perth in late February and came back in mid March. In my time there, I explored most of the places that are connected to Perth through the train stations and buses. Whenever people ask me how it was, what was the place like, I give the usual descriptions; That its a quiet place, full of nice beaches, parks and stuff.

However, the thing that I'll remember most from the trip is to lie back once in a while, and just gaze at the stars. Just lie there to reflect and contemplate. To think lazy thoughts and let my mind wander to happy memories.

If only I could thank the person who reminded me of that. Wonder how she's doing now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,i like to gaze at stars too(sometimes), and reflect bck of my happy moments wit my dear. She was my 1st love and will always stuck in my mind.. . wish she knew bout that coz i will never forget her in my life yo... how bout u man, who do you think of tat time? your gurl too huh....

Thu Apr 24, 10:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Nemo said...

Lol. Its strange, I still havent forgotten my 1st love either. But funnily enuf, the girl who reminded me to gaze at the stars once in a while instead of just looking at material things all the time is a nice young girl I met while in perth. What I regret is that I never got her contact details. Even now, her name is kinda fuzzy in my mind. But I can still clearly remember her face, her yellow hair, as she pointed out a few constellations that nite. Oh well.

Sun Apr 27, 12:42:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home