Monday, May 05, 2008

Snow and lights

If my earlier post was about reflecting and contemplating, then I came across the perfect kind of music to listen to while I was over there as well.

It just so happened that while I was in Perth, there was an arts festival going on, with all sorts of performances going on. I went to various museums, watched several movies, and attended a few performances. It was while all this was going on that I was exposed to Explosions in the Sky for the first time.

I guess this band isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, being purely instrumental. And not everyone I know is going to like their kind of music either. But I have to say, their kind of music is so...different from anything I've normally listened to. Slow, melancholic at times, frantic and loud at others; right now, my limited vocabulary just fails to describe it adequately.

But its perfect for me to listen whenever I want to stargaze or just lie back and relax, thats for sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

How ru now? Started class de?

Back to wht u wrote in my blog. Not that I don't want to choose, but they don't let me go. I'm feeling way tooooo tight and pressure de.

Ms Angelina is trying to push us to do journal publication, so she's aiming us to finish our thesis in full by end of this yr. Yes, at 1st I didnt cont her offer of extension being a research asst cuz I want time to be with God still, as in CF. Though Riana & Weiqi are competent but they accepted her offer to extend, hence they'll do lotsa travelling, so I gotta support them from their back too. Another member is very very weak.. Worst than my previous 3 members.

CF have big changes this sem. This one's too long..I'll write a post about it later in my blog. Thn u will und why..

Bcuz of this change, I lagi dont feel like cont doing the CG leader role. Cuz I really wanna do my part in thesis. Not to mention, bcuz of thesis, my assgts are very very slacking now and studies too. Worse than last sem. Im really afraid I'll go into 2nd class upper. Last sem, by God's grace, I got 3.0 'chun chun', but considered dropped de too.

Ms Esther says I'm not trusting God when I say I want to back out. I don't know. Am I? Or is it a yardstick to say about someone's faith/trust upon God only when you do God's work?

Thu Jun 26, 10:05:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh not to mention, somehow I sorta need to lead the rest of the new committee into this new shift of ways of doing things in CF.

Ms Esther also challenge us, the 3rd yr students to not being tight down with thesis n assgts. Even in meetings, she always stresses that. I guess somewht she's refering to me, because...well u know, how I take my studies like. She wants us to really still cont mentoring the juniors. Though new comm had been elected, somehow we need to be there for them to guide them. Like Joel too...he still like half chairman. I feel like partly one too, since the CG thingy came and she's getting me to arrange lots of thgs.

Thu Jun 26, 10:16:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home